Translate

Saturday, May 8, 2010

We're Back

We arrived back in Lynchburg earlier this week from a long but productive and enjoyable trip for both myself and my wife and children. Caryne and the girls departed April 23 to Philadelphia, PA and then on to upstate New York. Caryne's main purpose of the trip was to help her mother during the recovery process following chemotherapy. Please keep her parents in your prayers. From there they traveled to North Haven, CT, to spend some time with my parents.

Meanwhile, Pastor Antonio Figueira arrived in the United States. I picked him up on Wednesday, April 28 in Madison, VA. From there we embarked on a journey, meeting with pastors and old friends, discussing our ministry vision and looking for partners to join us in that vision. The Lord truly blessed and it was an experience I will not soon forget. We began with a brief meeting Wednesday night with my pastor, Pastor Marvin Suitt of Living Word Baptist Church. The purpose of this meeting was to receive Pastor Suitt's blessing on me in joining and ministering at the church in Porto, Portugal. From there we headed north and made stops in York, Harrisburg, and Telford, PA, before reuniting with my wife and kids in North Haven, CT.

Sunday morning, May 2, Pastor To' and myself had the privilege of sharing in Sunday school at my father's (Pastor Dan Darling) church. We had a tremendous time with the congregation there, and I praise the Lord that he is doing an awesome work through my father there. It was also a great time of catching up, as Pastor Antonio and my parents were in ministry together for many years in Portugal during the 1980s.

I learned much more about the ministry of Pastor Antonio through the many hours on the road together. The Lord is accomplishing much through the work of Antioch Baptist Church in Portugal, and we are anxious to join with them in ministry.

Thank you for your continued prayers as we take steps toward this goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment